ICON Design Expriences

What comes below are some of my personal experiences in re-designing or re-creating icons for some applications. I like it as an excuse to learn more about subtlety and precision in the process of designing an icon.

Dark AIMP2 Icon
Dark AIMP2 Icon
This was inspired by beautiful work of Chris Carlozzi on his famous "iTunes 10" replacement icon.
I really loved the icon and wanted to learn how it was done, so I tried to recreate a similar one from the scratch for AIMP2 and here is the result.
::Download From deviantART::

FastStone Image Viewer Icon
FastStone Image Viewer Icon
I like the Faststone Image Viewer. It is a good software which has great features and is free for home users, but I did not like the design of its icon, So I decided to redesign it for myself & This is my version of the icon.
::Download From deviantART::

Dark Winamp Icon
Dark Winamp Icon
Winamp’s dark icon has always been my favorite icon. Since the latest releases of the software do not have a 256x256 size for the dark version, i decided to recreate one myself based on its 48x48 size.
::Download From deviantART::

Comments